Thank you to everyone who attended the Celebration for the 2015 Annual Giving Drive. It was held February 4, 2016 to a standing room only crowd full of employees, county leadership, and nonprofits.
We are so proud to say THANK YOU and to recognize our employees for their hard work, dedication, and general awesomeness. It was their day to shine because they, in turn, helped someone else’s star shine a little brighter!
From the employees that make up our year-round Employee Giving Program committee to those helping with a special event, each one contributes in a valuable way to the success of the program, resulting in employees investing over $1.75 million in nonprofit organizations, contributing to helping communities thrive across the globe, civic health locally, and our quality workforce internally. It was another record-breaking year for King County Employees!
- Service Excellence: Mark Ordenstein, Department of Transportation, Power & Facilities
- Special Event Impact: Kathryn Pompeo, Sheriff’s Office
- Tech/Innovation: Ashley Byrd, KCIT
- Inspiration: Nila File, Executive Office
- Community Connector: Lynn Mazer, Debra Bailey-Trail and the Department of Judicial Administration Team
- Rookie of the Year: Mary Ann Treichel, Department of Executive Services, Records and Licensing Division
- Abigail Beatty – Executive’s Office
- Amanda Gudmunson – DJA
- Chris Franco – DES
- Cynthia Chiu – DPD
- Erika Yanak – DPER
- Greg Wilson – DPH
- Jack Woodworth – DOT
- Lilia Wong & the Treasury Team – DES
- Leslie Ring – DOT
- Mary Ann Collier – Assessor
- Mary Fisher – DPD
- Mistica Straight – DAJD
- Sue Constable – DES
- Dannette Walters – District Court
- Rose Dotson – Assessor
Erika took on the Ambassadorship with energy, enthusiasm and elan. She came up with new and interesting ways to energize our colleagues and generate a giving spirit. This was her first year leading Employee Giving and she really helped us be our best selves!
~King County Employee Nominator
- Highest Participation and Most Dollars Raised – King County Executive’s Office
- Most Improved & New Connections- District Court
- Highest Participation- Department of Community and Human Services
- Most Improved & New Connections – Department of Public Defense
- Highest Dollars- King County Information Technology
- Highest Participation – Department of Executive Services
- Most Improved – Department of Adult and Juvenile Detention
- New Connections – Sheriff’s Office
- Highest Dollars – Department of Transportation
Thank you to the following outgoing Employee Giving Program Committee members for your endless passion and dedication to making the world a better place through workplace giving.
- Bill Lukov, Department of Natural Resources and Parks
The Employee Giving Program was honored to be recognized by the United Way of King County for “Outstanding Employee Campaign” for the 2014-15 year.
- 2015 Annual Giving Drive Honorary Co-Chairs, King County Public Defender Lorinda Youngcourt, and King County Councilmember Dave Upthegrove.
- United Way of King County for the Outstanding Employee Campaign Award.
- The EGP Committee for planning and putting on the event.
- Maria Van Horn for coming out of retirement.
- Harborstone Credit Union for being our Annual Giving Drive sponsor and partner!
- Our Health Match sponsors.
- Campaign Executives: Chris Zanassi, Lluvia Ellison-Morales, and Lulu Miles.
- Our nonprofits for celebrating with us and sharing their impact.
- Most importantly, King County employees for the amazing work you do each day. We are proud to be a part of such an exceptional workforce and to celebrate these accomplishments.