Bring a little inspiration to your day and build connection with your team by signing up to be an Ambassador.
The Employee Giving Program is now recruiting King County Employees to serve as an Ambassadors for this year’s Annual Giving Drive to their work groups/sites.
As an Ambassador, you are the heart and soul of our Employee Giving Program team. We can NOT run this program and support so many great causes without you. Last year that resulted in $2.39 million! You are the key to making sure that every King County employee has the chance to connect to a cause they care about through the program.
Join our rock star Ambassador team for 2022
- Meet new people,
- Advocate for your favorite causes, and
- Build leadership skills.
- 4-6 hours of training and prep prior to the start of the drive
- 1-2 hours per week during the Annual Giving Drive which runs Oct 3 – Nov 18
- Done both virtually or in person (rules permitting) at your work site while in your current position
Required for new Ambassadors, optional for returning. Pick the one that best fits your schedule.
- Sept. 6 | 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Sept. 13 | 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
All Ambassadors. Pick the one that best fits your schedule.
- Sept. 8 | 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Sept. 15 | 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Session #3 – Special Events Only
All Ambassadors and Employees who would like to do a special event.
- Sept. 9 | 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Get your supervisor’s approval and register here
What is the impact?
When the experience is supported and voluntary, this is the average Ambassador outcome:
- 20% of employees an Ambassador works with pledge, raising $8,000 (This can plant 8,000 trees or provide 20,000 meals!)
- More engagement at work! Ambassadors and those who help at their work sites are 22% more engaged than employees who do not use the program. Contribute to teamwork, morale, gratitude, pride, and productivity!
- Provide powerful – possibly life-changing – moments of meaning for co-workers.
- Put it on your Resume! Top four skills developed:
- Organization and multitasking
- Communications and marketing
- Cooperatively working with employees at all levels of the organization
How awesome is that?