We came together virtually in 2020. Join us again in 2021.
Even in the midst of a global pandemic, staggering uncertainty, and 6 feet apart, we came together (virtually) and raised a record-breaking $2.39M for 945 nonprofits and our community in 2020!
Employee Giving Program Ambassadors made that happen. We can’t thank those of you who served last year enough for your commitment and dedication to supporting our community during the stressful, life-changing year.
This year is just as important as we move from response to recovery. Nonprofit organizations play a vital role in building a new way forward. Hope is on the horizon when we work together.
Employee Giving Program Ambassadors play an important role in connecting us to each other and our community especially during this time.
A Renewed Sense of Opportunity, Action, and Hope
Animals we helped in 2020
As an Ambassador, you are the heart and soul of our Employee Giving Program team. We can NOT run this program and support so many great causes without you. You are the key to making sure that every King County employee has the chance to connect to a cause in the program they are passionate about.
Join us and bring your creativity to life, expand your technology and digital communications skills, and bring joy while building community and connection for your teams.
Benefits to Joining:
- Meet new people,
- Advocate for your favorite causes, and
- Build leadership skills.
- 4-6 hours of training and prep prior to the start of the drive
- 1-2 hours per week during the Annual Giving Drive which runs Oct 4 – Nov 19
- Done virtually or in person (rules permitting) at your work site while in your current position
Required for new Ambassadors, optional for returning. Pick the one that best fits your schedule.
- Sept. 2 | 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Sept. 8 | 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
All Ambassadors. Pick the one that best fits your schedule.
- Sept. 2 | 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sept. 8 | 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Session #3 – Special Events Only
All Ambassadors and Employees who would like to do a special event.
- Sept. 9 | 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Get your supervisor’s approval and register here
What is the impact?
When the experience is supported and voluntary, this is the average Ambassador outcome:
- 20% of employees an Ambassador works with pledge, raising $8,000 (This can plant 8,000 trees or provide 20,000 meals!)
- More engagement at work! Ambassadors and those who help at their work sites are 22% more engaged than employees who do not use the program. Contribute to teamwork, morale, gratitude, pride, and productivity!
- Provide powerful – possibly life-changing – moments of meaning for co-workers.
- Put it on your Resume! Top four skills developed:
- Organization and multitasking
- Communications and marketing
- Cooperatively working with employees at all levels of the organization
How awesome is that?