Build your resume AND make a difference? Yes, you can have it all.
Join our rock star Ambassador team for 2020!
Even when we’re apart, we can act together to make a difference. It’s part of who we are as King County Employees. Now, more than ever, the Annual Giving Drive is important for our community, for each other, and for ourselves.
It will look and feel different, but the joy and purpose is the same. You will get bring your creativity to life, expand your technology and digital communications skills, and bring joy while building community and connection for your teams. The program is vast resource for us as we navigate through 2020. Even in the toughest of times, the program has been with us and will be this year too.
Ambassadors are the most important element of our Employee Giving Program team. You will be the key to making sure that every King County employee has a quality opportunity to connect to a cause through the program.
You get to:
- Meet new people,
- Advocate for your favorite cause, and
- Build rock star skills.
- 4-6 hours of training and prep
- 1-2 hours per week during Annual Giving Drive
- Done at work-site in your current position
Training – Zoom
Required for New Ambassadors, Optional for returning.
- Sept. 1 | 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Sept. 11 | 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Sept. 1 | 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sept. 11 | 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Special Event Only
All Ambassadors and Employees who would like to do a special event.
- Sept. 18 | 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
What is the impact?
When the experience is supported and voluntary, this is the average Ambassador outcome:
- 20% participation and $8,000 in pledges (This can plant 8,000 trees or provide 20,000 meals)
- Put it on your Resume! Top four skills developed:
1. Organization and multitasking
2. Communications and marketing
3. Cooperatively working with employees at all levels of the organization
- More engagement at work! Ambassadors and those who help at their work sites are 22% more engaged than employees who do not use the program. Contribute to teamwork, morale, gratitude, pride, and productivity!
- Provide powerful – possibly life-changing – moments of meaning to co-workers.
How awesome is that?! Join our team here