Dear King County Employee and giving partner,
We want to share something amazing about our Employee Giving Program: Thanks to the generosity of the people who work here, we celebrate the program’s 30th anniversary this year with the news we have raised a collective $30 million since our beginnings.
What does that mean for our community? It means numerous children have learned to read. It means countless seniors at risk for hunger have eaten hot, nourishing meals. It means increasing numbers of animals have gone to live in their forever homes.
And it means researchers have achieved groundbreaking results to advance medicine.
30 years, $30 million…and we’re just getting started.
Today, our shared passion shines throughout the King County Employee Giving Program. The program now offers even more ways to give, making it more relevant than ever.
We invite you to join us in celebrating our 30 years both by taking action on behalf of a cause important to you and by sharing your giving story. With so many ways to give and with 1,100 nonprofit organizations, you can participate in numerous ways.
- Payroll Donation: Choose one time, once per month or twice per month.
- Time Donation: Eligible vacation or comp time. See your department’s lead ambassador for details.
- Check: Made out directly to a nonprofit.
- Sick Leave for Volunteer Service: Eligible employees may use up to three sick days per calendar year to volunteer at an EGP nonprofit or local school.
- Credit card: Support your coworkers at special events!
Every individual contribution matters in helping our diverse community thrive. Just $5 per pay period can make a genuine difference to people, animals and our environment. Learn more at kingcounty.gov/giving.
We are both huge fans of the Employee Giving Program and we invite you to join us!
Your 2018 Annual Giving Drive Honorary Co-Chairs,
Julie Wise Tanya Hannah
Director, King County Elections Chief Information Officer