The King County Employee Giving Program is recruiting work site Ambassadors for the 2016 Annual Giving Drive.
Ambassadors are the heart and soul of the Annual Giving Drive, the key to reaching each and every one of the 13,500 employees here at King County and providing those they work with transformative moments of meaning in the workplace. All while getting to make a difference around the world. Our goal is to have an Ambassador at every work site.
One of the best programs ever!
~employee ambassador survey respondent
- Make a difference
- Meet new people
- Professional development
The Ambassador’s goal is simple: Ensure every King County employee has a quality opportunity to engage with the program to support a cause they care about.
Through a personalized outreach plan:
- In person – staff meetings, presentations, and events
- Written communications – posters, fliers, emails
What is the commitment?
- 2-6 hours of prep, planning, and training
- 1-2 hours a week during the Annual Giving Drive
What is the impact?
When the experience is supported and voluntary, this is the average Ambassador outcome:
- 20% participation and $8,000 in pledges (This can plant 8,000 trees or provide 20,000 meals)
- Put it on your Resume! Top four skills developed:
- Organization and multitasking
- Communications and marketing
- Cooperatively working with employees at all levels of the organization
- More engagement at work! Ambassadors and those who help at their work sites are 22% more engaged than employees who do not. Contribute to teamwork, morale, gratitude, pride, and productivity!
- Provide powerful – possibly life-changing – moments of meaning to co-workers.
Being an Ambassador, Team member or Special Event Coordinator is open to all current King County employees. Please check with your supervisor – if they have questions we have a great handout just for them. The Employee Giving Program is an approved workplace activity. It is unique because it is an opportunity for us to do something together as a workforce to make a collective impact!
Whether it’s just for today, or for the year, there are several ways you can get involved with the Employee Giving Program, visit our website for more information.