Our 2021 Nonprofit Expo Series continued with four organizations focused on advancing equity and justice for the broader King County area. Learn more about their unique missions by clicking the links below or listening to the recording. You can make donations & pledges, set payroll donation or volunteer time for these noble causes from the Employee Giving Drive website.
- Families of Color Seattle (FOCS) [EGP code 10875]
- Focused on building community for families of color, FOCS programs include parent groups, community resources and events, and racial equity consulting. They are entirely BIPOC led and have a network of 2500 families in the Pacific Northwest.
- Bike Works [EGP code 9208]
- Serving the South Seattle community, Bike Works promotes the bicycle as a vehicle for change to empower youth and build resilient communities. They have programs for adults as well and use a pay what you can model for services. They are a full-service repair shop that sells quality used bikes and new & used bike parts and accessories.
- Plateau Outreach Ministries [EGP code 10038]
- Located in Enumclaw, POM is a single source for those who seek to move out of crisis, providing essentials such as food, clothing and vouchers for utilities, rent and prescriptions as well as individual case management to best address each person’s unique needs.
- KC HOPE (Helping our People in Emergencies) [EGP code 9797]
- This nonprofit is entirely run by King County employee volunteers with the purpose of providing financial support to KC employees in times of crisis. They are looking for additional board members. Contact Lynn Mazer.