Build your resume AND make a difference? Yes, you can have it all.
Join our rock star Ambassador team for 2019!
Ambassadors are the most important element of our Employee Giving Program team. You will be the key to making sure that every King County employee has a quality opportunity to support a cause they care about through the program.
You get to:
- Meet new people,
- Advocate for your favorite cause, and
- Build rock star skills.
- 4-6 hours of training and prep
- 1-2 hours per week during Annual Giving Drive
- Done at work-site in your current position
In-person training dates and locations
- Sept. 4 | 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. @ Chinook
- Sept. 9 | 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. @Atlantic/Central Base <–TENTATIVE
- Sept. 11 | 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. @ Elections in Renton
- Sept. 18 | 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. @ King Street Center
What is the impact?
When the experience is supported and voluntary, this is the average Ambassador outcome:
- 20% participation and $8,000 in pledges (This can plant 8,000 trees or provide 20,000 meals)
- Put it on your Resume! Top four skills developed:
1. Organization and multitasking
2. Communications and marketing
3. Cooperatively working with employees at all levels of the organization
- More engagement at work! Ambassadors and those who help at their work sites are 22% more engaged than employees who do not use the program. Contribute to teamwork, morale, gratitude, pride, and productivity!
- Provide powerful – possibly life-changing – moments of meaning to co-workers.
How awesome is that?! Join our team here